Note: This applies to ZoneAlarm version 10.x or greater
Open the email that conatins your invoice or login to your online ZA account which you setup when you purchased from ZoneAlarm www.zonealarm.com/myaccount and locate your order from the order history section.
1. Left click and hold on the right side of the last character in your license,
then drag your mouse all the way to the left side of the first character in
the license and release the button.
Note: Entire license key should be highlighted.
2. Press Ctrl+C on your keyboard. That will Copy the highlighted text into the clipboard for later use.
3. Open your ZoneAlarm Client by double-clicking the 'Z' icon in the lower right hand corner of your screen. In Windows 7 the icon may not be visable and you will need to click the small arrow pointing up to view the icon.
4. When ZoneAlarm is open Click the 'Tools' dropdown menu and select the option 'Enter License'
5. Click once in the 'Enter License Key' box so that a flashing cursor apear at the end of any data the might be in the box.
6. If there is characters in the box press the backspace key on your keyboard until there box is clear.
7. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard. This will paste your key into the box.
8. Click OK. You should then get a message stating that your
license key has been successfully installed.
If you recieved a message your license was invalid that is becasue you may be inputing a license that is made for a different product than the one you have installed or you didn't copy the entire license or you manualy typed the license in the box and that will not work.
Note: If you are unsure on how to copy and paste information in Windows, try the following. Click on the START button >> Help >> 'copy paste' (no quotes) >> search. Look for window short cut keys, and follow the
The ZA license key is a set of 5 groups of letters and numbers. The first 3
groups contain 5 characters each, and the last 2 groups contain 6
As long as you have a valid license key, you can always download the
latest version here (download the 'trial' version as it is the full version with
your license key installed):
If the link does not appear to work, be sure to REFRESH the download
page, as it may be cached locally.
If your license key is expired, you can renew your license here:
If you need additional assistance with a paid ZoneAlarm product, please contact a live support agent using our Live Chat option below: