The following directions are only for ZoneAlarm version 10.x and above on Win Vista / 7 systems.
The ONLY way to remove a ZoneAlarm password that is forgotten, corrupted, or will not work is to remove the database files associated with TrueVector, as follows.
First we need to boot into Safe Mode, please follow these steps to do so.
1.) Power down your computer.
2.) Start the system, and immediately begin tapping the 'F8' key once every second.
3.) You will get a startup menu; choose 'Safe Mode' by using the up/down arrow keys.
4.) Press Enter.
1.) Click Start > Computer
2.) Click Tools, Folder Options, View Tab
NOTE: If the menu bar with the Tools menu isn't visible, you have to press the Alt-key on the keyboard and the menu bar should then be visible.
3.) Place a dot next to "Show Hidden Files and Folders", click OK
4.) Double-click your C: drive, probably called Local Disk C:
5.) Double-click on the ProgramData folder
6.) Double-click on the CheckPoint folder
7.) Double-click on the ZoneAlarm folder
8.) Double-click on the Data folder
9.) Please delete the following files here:
10.) Close this window, then right-click and empty the recycle bin
11.) Clear the registry entry with the steps below:
- Go to Start -> Run
NOTE: If you do not have the Run option on the Start menu, you can press and hold the Windows logo key and tap the letter R
- Type in regedit and press OK
- On the left find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE; double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand the folder
- Find the SOFTWARE folder; double-click the SOFTWARE to expand the folder
- If you are using a 64-bit Operating System, click the WOW6432NODE folder
- Find the Zone Labs folder; double-click to expand
- Find the TrueVector folder; double-click to expand
- Find the Store folder; click on it
- On the right, locate and left click on the 'upwval' entry
- Press delete and then say yes to the alert that pops up
12.) Close this window, then restart the computer normally. Be sure to answer any configuration screens you may receive once your system has restarted.